Insurance Plans Accepted Include (but are not limited to):
- Aetna (out of network)
- TESTHealth Partners
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Cigna GIC/Unicare
- GIC Unicare State Indemnity
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
- Health Plans Incorporated
- Medicare (covering for diabetes and renal only)
- United Healthcare (when linked with HPHC)
Note that Medicaid (MassHealth) does not cover nutrition counseling at this time. We can also provide you with a bill to submit for reimbursement if your insurance does not cover the service.
Ask Your Insurance Provider
To ensure you are covered we recommend you call member services (find the number on the back of you insurance card) and ask them the following:
- Does my plan cover Medical Nutrition Therapy/nutrition counseling by a Registered Dietitian?
- If yes, how many sessions are allowed?
- Does my plan require a referral?
- If so, have your PCP office call your insurance company to submit the referral and obtain an authorization number.
- Is this benefit limited to specific diagnoses?
- Do I have a deductible to meet first? Do I have a co-pay?
- If so, how much is it?
Once you have set up an appointment with us and you know which dietitian you’ll be seeing, you can give share their ‘NPI’ number with your doctor’s office to process the referral.
- Lori Lieberman: 1659459956
- Margot Healey: 1235217548
- Sharon Gallagher: 1689064743
- Elena Bergomi: 1316426646
Your doctor’s office will then FAX the authorization to us at 781-331-6410.